Here is a link to the article by Matt Withers in today's Wales on Sunday with regards the news that Marcus Warner, formely known as the blogger Keir Hardly and Clear Red Water has been sacked as a researcher for Irene James AM. This is evidence, if ever there was any need of it, of the dangers of the blogosphere, and about accountability for comments made on blogs in one's day to day life.
I am sure we will hear much more about this case on the blogs, ironically, given that Marcus now has a new blog called Southpaw Grammar where he expands on his anger at being dismissed from work at the Assembly. I don't know the ins and outs of what has happened, but what I will say is that there should be guidance for staff from employers if keeping a blog is to become a matter of interest for the said employer. It may conflict with the work carried out by the employer, and if so, this should be clarified from the outset.
I know Marcus, as do many of you on the blogs here in Wales. While I disagree with much that he says politically, he is a friendly and approachable person. I would advise him, nevertheless(however much I would like to know about Labour researchers and their blogs!) that he should stay relatively quiet until any court case or appeal is well and truly over. It will only muddy the waters if comments are made at this stage.

No comments:
Post a Comment