92% Mike Gravel
92% Dennis Kucinich
77% John Edwards
73% Barack Obama
71% Chris Dodd
70% Hillary Clinton
70% Joe Biden
62% Bill Richardson
28% Ron Paul
27% Rudy Giuliani
22% John McCain
17% Mike Huckabee
16% Mitt Romney
15% Tom Tancredo
5% Fred Thompson
2008 Presidential Candidate Matching Quiz

10 comments:
Half of these candidates are not running anymore!!
You need to embrace Barack Obama. He is doubling the turn out (What would Plaid Cymru do for that kind of numbers!) and bringing white people and other white people together!!!!!
USa needs a new direction after 8 years of that Texas plastic cowboy!!
Carwyn
Arizona
this was the quiz online. Yes elections are a great thing in America I must agree, but I'm not convinced by Obama, I'm really sorry.
Obama isn't bring people out to vote single-handedly the contest is - and the excitement of replacing one of teh worst administrations ever! I though agree with Bethan (mega-surprise) on Obama. Clinton is the candidate for me, mega sharp, proven experience and ability to get things done. A very impressive lady.
You need to be on the ground over here to feel the desire for change!
People are fed up with Bush/Clinton era and want to hear about a possible goverment with a heart and a new direction. Independent voters doubled the usual turn out in Iowa and 60% of them voted Obama!
70% of people under 30 voted for him!
!His speech crowds are 3 times the size of Clinton and anybody else. I'm not sure how the Media back home reflects this!! But it's nice to see the Republicans been very quiet over here!!!
This is the real deal folks!!
Agree with the below though that "Tancredo" made General Franco sound Liberal!!
15% Tom Tancredo
5% Fred Thompson
Carwyn
Arizona
I think the media over here has reported fairly the effect Obama has had and I wouldn't deny it other than to say its not simply him, the context also matters. I still wouldn't write Clinton off as with Obama movin to frontrunner he is going to face scrutiny the kind which he has never seen - and for me on the substance hes weak.
I did say not to underestimate Clinton! Brilliant Win!
I worry when people want a candidate based on race. It would be great for America to have a minority president one day but only when the candidate wins on his merits. I don't think Obama is that one. I personally like Rudi.
I'm judging Obama on what I have seen from his speeches, and as someone has said previously, there isn't much depth to his arguments, and I don't agree with a lot that he says. It has nothing to do with race, but I can see why the media spin would portray it as such.
I'm amazed you're not convinced by Obama. Just look at this from him website, on foreign policy. Did you say there wasn't much depth to his argument?
“When I am this party's nominee, my opponent will not be able to say that I voted for the war in Iraq; or that I gave George Bush the benefit of the doubt on Iran; or that I supported Bush-Cheney policies of not talking to leaders that we don't like. And he will not be able to say that I wavered on something as fundamental as whether or not it is ok for America to torture — because it is never ok… I will end the war in Iraq… I will close Guantanamo. I will restore habeas corpus. I will finish the fight against Al Qaeda. And I will lead the world to combat the common threats of the 21st century: nuclear weapons and terrorism; climate change and poverty; genocide and disease. And I will send once more a message to those yearning faces beyond our shores that says, "You matter to us. Your future is our future. And our moment is now.”
— Barack Obama, Des Moines, Iowa, November 10, 2007
It was actually during the Youtube debate that I based a judgement. I am warming towards him..!
Post a Comment