Wednesday, 13 June 2007

It's not all about coalition....

I had my first few experiences of speaking in the chamber today, and yesterday. I have raised issues concerning the future of Remploy, renewable energy and its development locally, as well as enhancing the provision of social activities for young people in our communities ( yes, there are issues other than coalition on the agenda believe it or not). I am enjoying this side of the work, as it does play a part in holding Minister's to account and scrutinizing their work. This is not to say that the session is always riveting and exciting. Personally I believe that much more needs to be done to enhance the appeal of the debate, and the depth of the debate at the Assembly.

The Senedd is certainly a great building to call your workplace, although I do tend get slightly distracted sometimes by an excitable Alun Cairns heckling at every opportunity! It seems to become louder when Plaid or Labour Member's speak, when the whole coalition issue is set off again. I'll have to look at the record of proceedings tomorrow, and do a Glyn Davies style dialogue of the event!

Obviously everyone is aware that by now, our party are in talks with Labour. I think its best for me to say 'let's wait and see' on this one. Come Saturday, we'll have more of an idea what Labour are offering, and whether or not this will please our Assembly group, who will ultimately make the decision on the preferred option. The BBC reports that there are some unhappy MP's in the Labour party already at a proposed deal with Plaid. Of course they have a right to air those uncertainties, but something will have to be decided on sooner or later.....

...............................................

Cefais fy nghyfleon cyntaf i siarad yn y siambr heddiw ac echddoe. Rwyf wedi tynnu sylw at ddyfodol Remploy, ynni adnewyddol a'i ddatblygiad lleol, ac ehangu'r cyflenwad o weithgareddau cymdeithasol i bobl ifanc (mwy na clymblaid ar yr agenda, choeliwch chi fyth!).

Rwy'n mwynhau'r rhan yma o'r gwaith, gan ei fod yn rhan bwysig o graffu gwaith y Gweinidogion. Nid fod hyn o hyd yn ddifyr a chyffrous. Yn bersonol, rwy'n coelio fod rhaid gwneud llawer i ehangu'r apel a'r dyfnder o drafodaethau yn y Cynulliad.Mae'r Senedd yn lle gwych i wethio, er bod rhaid gwynebu;r peryglong o Alun Cairns yn heclo!

Byddaf yn edrych ar y recordiau yfory, a pharatoi deialog "Glyn Davies" ynglyn a digwyddiadau.Wrth gwrs, mae pawb yn gwybod erbyn hyn, fod ein plaid mewn trafodaethau gyda Llafur. Gwell i mi aros cyn dweud unrhywbeth penodol am hyn!

Erbyn y Sadwrn, bydd yn fwy amlwg beth mae Llafur yn cynnig ac os y bydd hyn yn plesio ein grwp, a fydd yn penderfynnu ar y dewis gorau. Maae'r BBC yn adroddi fod rha ASau anhapus o few y blaid Lafur, dros gytundeb posib gyda Plaid. Weth gwrs, mae ganddynt hawl i leisio eu ansicrwydd, ond bydd penderfynniad yn gorfod dod cyn hir...

4 comments:

Christopher Glamorgan said...

It's amazing what you'll discover on the BBC pages these days:

The 'Master' and the 'Apprentice' - a race for First Minister

'The Apprentice' final that is showing this week is hotting up and the two contestants have battled it out while living together in their luxury pad in Cardiff Bay.

http://glamorganshire.blogspot.com/2007/06/master-and-apprentice-race-for-first.html

Glyn Davies said...

I can't believe how much trouble you've caused for a new 'un. I'm really envious.

bethan said...

I'll have a think ordovicius. Best female political blog;-)...there's not many of us, so to make the category worthwhile I think we need to get more blogging!

Glyn, I'm not trying to cause trouble, it just follows me. I'm sure you'd be the same if you were here right now!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see that other things are being discussed Bethan
I am however so sad that Plaid are even contemplating a coalition with Labour
Lynne Neagle and her husband are real haters of Plaid –I think she must have caught this when she worked for Glenys Kinnock
And they are only two of many. The language used about Plaid by many Labour politicians –that’s MPs AM s and local politician is not conducive to co partnership working. It goes the other way too I am sure.

If Plaid thinks that the Valleys will be happy then they are so wrong. There are so many discontent with Labour Councils and AMs that Plaid will lose ground gained

I so hope that the grassroots in Plaid will say no

Rainbow at least gives options